Optimal Training Experience
- You will need at least 1 mbs internet speed to watch the videos – if not - you will have to pause them and let them download for a while. Some browsers seem to work better than others, like Firefox vs. Internet Explorer.
- I strongly recommend that you take this training with a partner or you will not be able to practice the counseling exercises and skills. You will also save $50. This is not a class; it is a training, the skills you learn can save lives.
- Complete each process in the client workbook yourself, before watching the video, so you will be able to relate to a client and have something personal and concrete to work on with your partner.
- Take a client through the same process each week after you have completed it and watched the video- if possible.
- Have a time each week of case management to process how you and your client are progressing.
- You will learn a lot from the experiences of others.
What you need to do to get started:
- You will need to order 2 copies of the Relapse Prevention Workbooks, one for you and one for you to take a client to go through the process. Click Here for Genesis Bookstore. If international, ship priority mail. I suggest shipping the workbooks before you signup so you won't waste any of your subscription time.
- Register for the training at the link below. You will have 4 months to complete it.
- Print the Counselors Manual (it's a PDF). You can print it directly or download it to a CD or flash drive and take it to be printed. Print it with holes for a 3 ring binder. It is 111 pages. I suggest you print it single sided so you can take notes on the blank back side of the pages.
- Download the Extra Worksheets to your computer.
- Print the Training Exercises.
- Download the Training Test, which is in a Word file. Take the test after each Process, typing your answers under each question. Submit the test, after you have completed the whole training, and we will review it and send you your certificate of completion.
- Please don’t contact us for advice, how to solve technical or computer problems. Many of your process advice questions will probably be answered as you move through the training.
- Once you sign up, there will be no refunds.
The cost of video training is $300 for a single person, but $250 per person when done together. When you click the "Sign Up" button below, you can choose the subscription plan based on how many people are in your group. (when done in groups, you will still create one login and use it together).
For questions about plans for more than 12 people, or with questions about financial assistance, email us.